If you bricked your Nokia N9 while playing around with it–relax–it’s probably going to be alright. All you need to do is flash your Nokia N9 with it’s current or future update to unbrick it. The process is very straightforward, the only problem is you will lose your data if you don’t have a backup. Here’s a step-by-step instruction set on bringing your Nokia N9 back to life.
1. First, download Navifirm, here’s the link.
2.Open Navifirm and find the Nokia N9 in the list. Then the your release, language, and color. The product code in parentheses of the file you are about to download should match your product code; you can check your product code by popping out the SIM tray of your N9, it’s the number under “Made in Finland.” Download the firmware file that includes “PR_LEGACY” in the name, it should be around 900MB or more than 1GB depending on the region. Check it, then click download it. It will save the file in the Navifirm folder.
3. Next, download the maemo flasher for Harmattan. Link to file.
4. Once it is installed, copy the downloaded firmware file to the Flasher’s folder in program files. (For Windows 7, Computer>Local Disk>Program Files>Nokia>Flasher)
5. With the firmware file in the Flasher folder, run the flasher by going to the start menu and opening it.
6. Now, some command line…
1. Type “flasher -F YOUR_FILENAME.BIN -f” Ex: “flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -f “
7. The flasher will wait for a USB connection. Turn off the phone and plug it in to the USB port.
8. The flasher will detect the phone, and flash the firmware. Do I need to say it’s advisable not to touch anything while this process is going on?
9. Wait until the flasher says it is done and the little white light at bottom left of the screen stops flashing, this could take 15 minutes.
10. Unplug and boot the phone up!
Did it work? Thanks, MeeGo forums, they could help you out better if this was not helpful!