Adding custom ringtones to your Nokia Lumia is not very difficult. However, it’s not something straightforward either since you do have to know how to do it. All you need is either Zune software installed on your PC or Windows Phone connector installed in your MAC. You can download Zune Software for your Windows PC here: Zune, and you can download the Mac Connector via the App Store. You will also need a .wav or .mp3 file that is smaller than 1MB, less than 40 seconds long, and free of DRM. I am going to use three ringtones from Nokia’s competition a few weeks ago. I downloaded them from Nokia Conversations but the page seems to have been taken down. You can get them here: Nokia_Ringtones
1. Add the file to your iTunes library. You can create a new folder for it, or just throw it somewhere.
2. Plug your Nokia Lumia and open the Windows Phone connector
3. Go to “Ringtones” on your left hand menu, select the ringtone and then “Send to Phone.” You are done! On your phone, go to “Settings” > “Ringtones + Sounds” > and set your custom ringtone.
1. Fire up Zune, go to your music library and drag and drop the ringtones there.
2. Right click the ringtones and select “Edit”
3. In “Genre” select or type “Ringtone”
4. Sync your phone and you are done! In your Lumia, go “Settings” > “Ringtones + Sounds” > and set your custom ringtone. Thanks to winsupersite.